Thursday, September 04, 2008

I am not a regular blogger, so whatever I mention here must be of some significance, which is why what you are about to read has been posted.

At some point of time in everyone's life, there is ONE person whom you meet, get to know, fall for and then decide to spend the rest of your life with. The realization dawned upon me about a month ago, and I've been spending most of my free time trying to figure out how exactly to go about putting across my thought(s) to her. Frantic searches for the right ring (with a great deal of help from two friends of mine), setting up the location for THE moment - trust me, it is hard work - all done in three weeks time.

The day when i was gonna pop the question(last Saturday), everything seemed fine. There were a few hiccups in between, thanks to my over-thinking n over-analyzing self which made me feel that today might not be right. To add to that, it started raining heavily and the setup could not be completed in time. My train of thought was going beyond top gear and into overdrive, so much so that I walked straight into a glass door and earned myself a deep cut just above my left eye!! I told myself to calm down and stay that way, no matter how hard it might be.

Friends came over to party that evening. Drinks all around and people were having a good time. I downed 6 beers, and I wasn't buzzed even slightly, probably because of all the anxiety/excitement/butterflies/etc., I kept slipping out of the room to check whether it stopped raining so that i can set things up. Finally at about 11pm, the skies cleared and i was good to go. Didnt have time for a major operation, so i kept it simple. A small table in the center of the terrace, with 12 scented candles and the ring in the centre. The wind was still strong, so I had to curl my arms around the table to keep the candles from going off. My brother sneaked up on me and was laughing his a** off when he saw what I was doing. Gave him a look, and told him to send her upstairs.

Moments later, i saw her walk through the door. I could literally feel my heart thumping away. She walked towards me and asked "what is this?". I stood up, looked her in the eye and then got confused - damn, which knee is it? I knelt on my right knee, took her hands in mine and asked her, while she stood there with her eyes and mouth wide open, "Will you marry me?" She was still in shock and didnt say anything for a few seconds. I shook her hand slightly and then she said, "Of course, YES". She put forth her right hand, unknowingly, and asked if it was the correct one! I took her left hand, slid the ring on her ringfinger and was really happy to see that it fit well (considering that the size was based completely on assumptions). I gave her a hug, and I didnt wanna let go. I kept asking her later if she liked what I did, and everytime she said "It was perfect". The ring - well, she loves it.

By far, the best moment in my life. :)

P.S.: Haven't used the f word even once. Am I proud of myself or what!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, proud of you too! Well described. Big day it was:) Happy for you. See you soon.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Botchtti said...

makes me smile everytime i read it :D

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home